Types of Data Collected; Collection Methods; Combination of Data
You actively send information to us when you sign up with us a member on the Website, participate in surveys or promotions, reviews, comment on news articles, respond to us or otherwise contact us.
Depending on your choices, you may send us personally identifiable information such as your email address, name, mailing address, phone number, birthday, and gender; password; baby due date/birthday, name and gender.
We also track information about how you use our Website through cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). For example, your Internet browser automatically transmits to us information such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer is currently using.
Disclosure of Data
We keep your personally identifiable information confidential and we will not disclose it. But, please note the following clarifications and exceptions apply:
- Our employees and independent contractors have access to some of your personally identifiable information for the purpose of helping us run our business. They access and use such data subject to our instructions, on a “need to know” basis and under confidentiality and security obligations.
- We may also share your personally identifiable information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or other legal process or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to illegal activities, fraud, physical threats to you or others or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
- Even though we do not provide any personally identifiable information about you specifically to any advertising customers, they can occasionally find out information indirectly. For example, we frequently agree on target audiences for reviews and particular ads (for example, an advertiser may ask us to send certain information on infant safety products to parents with small children who may be particularly interested). If you choose to respond to such targeted advertisements, the advertiser may deduce that you are a member of the target audience to whom we sent the ad.
- If you sign up for our services on a third party website, such third party may know—from you— that you signed up on one of our Websites.
- Before we disclose your personally identifiable data to a third party for their own business purposes (such as a survey or a competition), we will first obtain your consent, for example via email, click-through, an online opportunity to opt-out or suchlike.
- We may share personally identifiable information with affiliated companies.
- We freely use and disclose data in anonymous form, for example, in statistics or reports to our advertising customers.
Please remember that if you post any information in areas of our Website that are generally accessible to Users, such as our Discussion Forums and comments on articles, it will be available to the public.
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Website may not be secure.
We pride ourselves that we have no advertisements on our Website. However, in the future, we may decide to work with advertisers that are, in our belief, ethical and representative of Child Custody Strategies.
Access and Correction; Comments and Questions
Opt-Out, Communication Preferences
You may modify your communication preferences and/or opt-out from specific communications at any time. Please specify and adjust your preferences.
Terms and Conditions
Note also that your use of the Website is subject to our Terms and Conditions, which contain disclaimers, limitations of liability under United States law.